Just how much have I lost?

Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm still here and healing

Ok my computer died.  I mean bit the big one.  I sent it over to my friend who fixes computers and he said the hard drive is bad and it would cost more to fix it then it would be to buy a new one.  Since it is 6 or 7 years old he said I should feel good since most computers only last at most 5 years.

That is why my friends I have not posted in forever. 

After 4 months I can
   - walk well, not hunched over at all
    - not sleep with a pillow under my legs (just took it out last night)
   - sleep on either of my sides
   -  feel my hip bones.  I literally asked my husband, "do you think this hard thing is my hip bone?  Because I have never been able to actually feel my bones due to my large roll." 
    - be out and around for about 8 hours until I need to put my feet up


Things that still give me trouble 
   - Driving.  Not fun at all.  It is just uncomfortable any way you try and sit.
  - Bending like if I want to tie shoes someone else is going to need to do it
  - getting in and out of bed
   - raising hands above my head

My scar is no longer scabby, but it is a dark red.  My two drain spots on my uh feminine area are still noticeable also. 

I hate my compression garment but hate it also when I don't wear it because my thighs hurt with each step.  It is sweaty and tight.  And since I can't wear underwear yet, you have to wash it very often since it is all up in there if you know what I mean.  did I tell you it has to be washed by hand!  It's 2013 who washes things by hand.  Well I tried to put one of them in the washer and it ripped right in half.  In half!  Which means the label was correct when it said wash by hand. 

Now that I am using my daughter's computer that she no longer wants I should be able to get pictures uploaded soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment